Saturday, March 27, 2010

I just got back from a night out with my family, cause it was my younger cousin's birthday. And at first when I started humming, I was like; what song is that? And then I remembered! I had Take It Easy by Chiyo's CSS group stuck in my head all night. For some reason, especially Cookie's voice. Anyways~

HOMG. This is so flipping cute & fun!!! A must-view&listen dub.

Martha (missgumbiecat)
Ai (AikoAki)
Meche (lilxicanita)
Daniel (loveneko1000)
Mystery (xLittleMystery)
Sootie (SootjeNL)
Rii (AzNxRawRx)
Nykki (NykkiPoo)



(egah, warning! I wrote a freaking mini-novel here. Sorry for so much talking!)

ENAJII! So much awesome energy! I love it! all of the "BON KYU! BON KYU! BOMB GIRL"s are epic, and I adore how everyone sounds together. I was getting confused by the solos again, but then I got ahold of the project's color-coded lyrics, so now I know who is singing when!

[*] 0:23 is Ai! She just oozes 'I-am-so-cool' attitude which fits this song, and I love how well she delivers her lines. Plus she sounds great! Following her is Nykki at 0:26, who always has amazing energy; she rocked her solo. She sounds so cute!! The almighty color-code tells me that the first two YEAHs are by the same two girls; Ai on the first (she sounded sexy) and the second by Nykki (she sounded super cute).

LOL, when I was trying to figure this out, I would guess on who I thought a solo was, then go to their profile and sample some other dub to try and compare. And at 0:33 I thought it was Daniel, and I was right! She sort of runs her words together, I'm not sure what's being said exactly. But towards the end of the solo it sounds better. There is a sweet voice lurking behind the mumbling, she just needs to sing with more umph!

[*] Right after that, at 0:35 is Meche. I liked her "wa" at the end of her line, it was an adorable kind of sexy. I know I've heard Meche before, but I think it's been a while. She has great energy. Daniel's YEAH was on the quiet side but Reina doesn't sing it very loud either, so it was pretty accurate. And Meche's was good, but could have been a tid bit more energetic.

Oh, the group parts are also divided into groups consisting of the participating members from the Old Team (1st Gen) and the New Team (2nd Gen). The "LOVE x 11 + ME DO" was spot on and super wonderful sounding!! (Sung by 1st Gen) And the "1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, & 8 BON KYU! BON KYU! BOMB" part was really really good too! (Sung by 2nd Gen)

[*] Rii at 0:59. This line is so little and quick, that I didn't get a good enough listen of her voice. And she sounded a little quiet, but that could have just been how she recorded? It's not like she's singing soft, but that her volume isn't loud enough? idk.

And 1:02 is Sootie. I love her energy! She has such a nice mature voice, strong too. Miss Mystery is at 1:04. Her "Suteki na" sounded a tiny bit rushed(?) which made the first part of her line sound odd to me, but not bad. Again, it's not really a long enough solo to form an opinion, but she sounds good to me.

[*] Finally we get some Martha at 1:24. She has a mature strong voice, but! She has one of those middle-range voices that can sound so cute! Just cause ya don't have a higher voice doesn't mean you can't pull off cute; no way. I really like her ending "ikaga." Following her is Rii again at about 1:27. Oh! I am so glad I got to actually hear her, because she sounds fabulous!! Love her singing~

Martha's YEAH was so cool!! And I mean that! Like, sexy cool. All; 'Hey boy, I'm so cool. *wink*' (HAH, how bad is it that I totally think of So Hot by the Wondergirls when I say that?) I love it. And Rii's YEAH was incredibly adorable!

[*] 1:33 is more Mystery. Not too rushed this time, a little bit hard to understand the middle words. But! I know just by listening that it's got to be pretty difficult to sing a line that quick while staying on beat, on key and manage to get it perfect every time. And she finished her solo strong! About 1:35 is Sootie. This solo didn't stand out to me, but she sounds good! Her "mo" was cute.

Mystery's YEAH was good. It's not super energetic, but I was listening to the song by Momusu, and Mystery is actually spot on to how Risa sounds there! Sootie rocked hers!! Ohmygosh, it's so kawaii. I giggled when I heard her, cause Eri's face there is awesome; her eyes closed and her smile huge. Sootie's YEAH was so believable, her energy and excitment fitting perfectly.

[*] The "HAPPY x 5 + Has come" part (2nd Gen) was great. But I really loved the line after that (by 1st Gen) at 1:47. It's so good!! And 1:51 to 2:00 is awesome; the group parts in this dub are spectacular! Picking up right after that is Meche, who was a little on the quiet side, but still sounded sweet.

OH! I was so happy to hear Daniel at 2:03, cause her solo is wonderful! Her first line towards the start of the song was alright, but she nailed it this time. She delivered clearly, with great energy, and she sounded so cute!! (I am a bit confused, cause it sounds like a girl, but the name makes me think guy. So if I am effing this up with all the she's and her's, let me know ;w;)

[*] 2:05 is Ai. It's a short line, but one that is packed with power! UWAH. I love it. Epic. And at 2:23 we have Martha. She starts out a little soft, but then gets stronger and more energetic towards the second half of her "HAPPY"s. Which is exactly how it's supposed to be sung! Her crescendo was fabulous!

Following is Nykki at 2:28. She was pretty spot on. A little bit in the middle of her solo was kind of iffy, but again, it's a fast-sung line. So I give her props for managing it well. I love the six group YEAH's right afterwards; they're awesome! Rii is at 2:35, and she is soft, like her volume is low? I think it's either how it was recorded or mixed, cause she sounds full of energy, not like she's singing quietly or anything. idk. Daniel at 2:39; cute! I adore her voice.

[*] Homgosh! There are some trios and a duet in this song! I didn't know that. The first trio is Martha, Ai and Nykki at 2:43; One of them, I'm not sure which, stands out a little bit louder than the rest, but it's a good line. The next trio is Rii, Mystery and Sootie at 2:46; One person started the line a tiny bit too soon, but it's not super bad. Sootie and Mystery sound really good with Rii's cute voice.

And the duet is Meche and Daniel at 2:48. A very short little duet, but I really liked the 'nn' sound off of their "ichiban". I think all of these mini groups could have maybe sounded a little bit more together, with better blending and less of one or two girls standing out. But I bet it wasn't easy to mix, and I think they turned out pretty good overall.

[*] The dub finishes off with more awesome "BON KYU! BON KYU! BOMB GIRL"s! And I loved the ending "SANKYUU!" but I don't know who had that part. I'm sure I'll find out at some point, once I get a hold of Martha. But if anyone knows and wants to let me know, please do!

So basically, this dub was completely epic! Y'all should also have a listen to their other recently released dub; MADAYADE by Mercury. It's pretty good. But Bon Kyu! is totally full of win in my book~

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for the awesome review! 8D

    Oh and that SANKYUU was Me. XDDDDD

    ReplyDelete