Friday, September 24, 2010

TU!P

I've been meaning to write about TU!P for a bit now, and it's just been pushed aside while I got to other things. But I've had all my info and windows open since last night for this entry! I'm doing it now!!

Goodness me, where to start?! I will always love Star!U's dub of Nobody, because it is fabulous! I haven't listened to everything by them, but of what I have it's probably my favorite! The group has released quite a few other wonderful dubs, all Korean. In August the group opened their own YT channel, StaruTUP. There I read something exciting!

"We are looking for 1-2 new members in October during the Star!U GOTTA KICK IT UP! 3(rd Gen) Auditions hosted by Totally Up! Project. It will run from October 1-31 and results will be announced on November 3." -- Yay! October is turning out to be a promising month! All this Star!U talk is leading up to this;



Jessica: Katie [ sayuriku ]
Yuri: Kappa [ xmikipinkux ]
Yoona: Zoey [ XoZoeymonxx ]
Taeyeon: Katie [ sayuriku ]
Tiffany: Teefah [ xeefah ]
Sooyoung: Sachiko [ TinyTaiphoon ]
Hyoyeon: Zoey [ XoZoeymonxx ]
Sunny: Hachi [ giulialex ]
Seohyun: Eva [ waterpixieva ]

Into the New World by Star!U of Totally Up! Project / Ohgolly I had a huge LOL moment. I have a playlist that turned into a SNSDlist, which has Femme Fatale, XOXO, and now Star!U. There are two dubs of this song, one at the beginning and one at the end. So if I have it on repeat I end up hearing one right after the other. Oops.

While waiting for this video to load, I played the mp3 I downloaded days ago- except after one play through I was going to play it again, but somehow forgot and it went on to Femme Fatale's version. And when I was looking at the CClyrics I kept playing the solos in the dub over and over, because the line that said it was Kappa, didn't sound like her. WELL DUH AYA! Cause it wasn't Kappa. Sadly, it took me a little while to figure out exactly what happened.

ANYWAYS, back to the Star!U dub; it's sensational!! I love this song to pieces, so when I glanced at the TU!P profile and saw it was one of the recent releases, I was super happy. The group parts are SO good ;w; So pretty, and blendy and strong and pretty! Totally my favorite part of this! All of the girls did an outstanding job on their solos too!! But the chorus touches me. Such a lovely melody sung so well by these gorgeous-sounding ladies. Star!U should be proud of their hard work and talent~



Other recent releases include the above solos, Kataomoi no Owari ni by Katie (left), and Natsu Doki Lipstick by Hitomi (right) who is a featured soloist on the blog right now! OH WOW, I was just re-browning TU!P's channel and noticed that they have a blog! It's been open since July of this year!

I think blogs are SUCH a good idea for projects. It really helps listeners and fans keep on top of the news, and there are so many fun things you can do! Such as Inside the Project, which is "a segment where we ask members from Totally Up! Project questions and they answer them. It gives others more insight into the fun natures of our members." TU!P's blog is very pretty! And pretty active.

One thing that caught my attention was actually at the bottom of the page, in the farthest down entry; mention of Ikenokoi / AkaAnzu. I wrote a whole entry on this kid (it took me forever forever to find it though, because I fail). And he is not someone you want to make yourself vulnerable to.


I haven't really been on top of concerts lately, heh. It's just another thing I need to catch up on. But while I'm already blogging about TU!P, I wanted to share the latest track from their ongoing concert! And something else too! But first;



Tanaka Reina: Zoey
Sudou Maasa: Molly
Michishige Sayumi: Angelfirebabe
Yajima Maimi: Jaydie

Suki Sugite Baka Mitai by Totally Up! Project 2010 Summer / On the PV first; I love the Momo, Reina, Megumi and Maimi version of this a lot. BUT I love that this version has Maasa and Sayumi and Maimi!! Reina is okay, but she's miss popular. I love that the other girls got to sing this song!

I adore this song to death, so this group get lots of love for song choice. It does call for a lot of energy, and I think the amount this is sung with is pretty good. I really love Zoey and Molly, but all of the girls -definitely Angeru and Jadie as well- did a splendid job! I love the choruses!

Annnnnnd *trumpet going BA BA-BA BA*



Legend 9 Cast:
Yumiko, Purply, Katie, Michelle, Hinaki,
Danica, Rika Chihara, Ameimi, Menami

SWEET 8 & Purply Cast:
Aly, Molly, Eva, Purply, Serenyty,
Angelfirebabe, Yuki, Corsica, Boo

Medley Song List:
- Bon Kyu! Bon Kyu! BOMB GIRL [Legend 9]
- Please! Jiyuu no Tobira [SWEET 8 & Purply]
- HAND MADE CITY [Legend 9]
- Odore! Morning Curry [SWEET 8 & Purply]
- Bon Kyu! Bon Kyu! BOMB GIRL [Legend 9 then All]

Nine Smile~ Medley / Another project recently did this medley as well, not as part of HPAS Interdubbing, but it's still funky listening to the same medley so soon again. But I don't mind in the least, because this is rockin' and I admire the work that these girls put into this dub. I know a lot of projects felt very happy + special to be apart of this concert, and TU!P definitely deserves it!

Michelle's "Come On" is darling! The beginning is upbeat and fantastic, and a short but great start! I love the second part of the medley so much!!! Eva and Aly 's solos are excellent & lovely! All the girls really brought it in the chorus, they sound spectacular! They also totally pwned the verses, delivered the song with lots of energy, and the "Please Be Freedoms" are awesome!

The first part of HAND MADE CITY could have used a little bit more attitude, but it's still really good- Katie and Yumiko did a magnificent job on the solos and I think the girls' echos are adorable. I love love love the second part of the song ;w; The melody is insanely pretty and everyone sounds exceedingly pretty together; it makes me mushy-smiley! The blending is so good.

Oh goodness, I love this group on Morning Curry!! They sing it with oodles of energy! All of the smaller groups parts are smashing!! The girls sound beyond amazing on every line! I am failing at using a good enough vocab to really say how wonderful they sound. Molly and Aly 's "Mooningu karee"s could maybe have used a tiny bit more growl but they still pack a punch! And Purply's "Ironna karee aru ga" at 4:43 is fabulous!!

I love the chorus in this part of the medley!! The gorgeous various group parts makes this dub the level of win that it is. Then it's more BON KYU to bring this to an end. It's such a fun, cute song and I love how the TU!P gals sound on it! All of the solos are sensational!! Hinaki is so sweet at 6:35, And Danica's following "Aishite kudasai na" is terrific!

Overall this is a really enjoyable listen!! All of the girls -those with and without solos- contributed to this greatly and they're the reason this is so epic!! Thank you to TU!P and HPAS for bringing this medley to us; keep on being awesome!

And last but not least, I end this with Totally Up! Project's most recent release;



Yoshizawa Hitomi: Boo
Ishikawa Rika: Writerserenyty
Konno Asami: Tomie
Satodai Mai: Corsica
Noto Arisa: Hanna
Korenaga Miki: Suki-chan
Sengoku Minami: Hayashi Ame

Ready! Kick Off! by Black Night

No comments:

Post a Comment