Thursday, September 23, 2010

Solo Requests

My parents are hosting a camp-out at my house today/tonight, but I was just happy to discover I had today off! Tomorrow as well! I spent the first half of today trying to decide which choruses to vote for in the YTC Battle (I am still undecided) and then I talked to Ayaka of Shizen for a while. I have a few things on my mind, as for what to blog about today. But I figured I'd start with some solo requests I've received over the last 3 weeks or so.

*NaeHoshiChan ~ Kimi ga Ireba / Nae sang this in celebration of her 100th subscriber!! It feels like it's been a little bit since I've heard her, especially on a solo. I love her mature sound!! She has a unique voice that I adore listening to, so this solo-cover delights me to no end! It's very touching too, I couldn't stop smiling while feeling all mushy-happy.

I'm glad that Nae went with a slower song like this, she sounds really lovely on the melodies. It's also special, because she loves this song! And it's way more fun singing something that you love. Nae noted that she was sick when singing this, but I think she did a wonderful job even so and sounds really good. I love her on the verses, and I like how she sings with herself in the chorus. Thanks for singing for us, Nae!


*Rakkun93 ~ The Peace! / I don't talk to this awesome guy enough *shot* If I were to think of dubbers I know the most (or have talked to the most) it would have to be; Rae, Rakkun, Fae, Kappa, and Aly. There are other people I talk to pretty often, but everyone has their buddies, eh? Rakkun is an awesome fella and a spectacular singer!!

LOL It was Rae that first told me about this song, well she asked me about it, and I told her I'd never heard it and she went WHAT?! Since then I've only listened to a small handful of dubs of it, but this one right here is pretty snazztastic! I've always loved Rakkun's energy, how he throws himself into what he sings! He has a delicious voice (no matter what he tells you) that is mega ear-pleasing.

This is really fun to listen to!! You don't need any visual for Rakkun's vocals; his emotion and LET'S GO attitude captivates and makes you wanna boogie down while listening. I love love him on the verses!! He delivers every line with oodles of strength and somewhat smexiness. This whole cover is epic!!


*Mermaid31894 ~ SHOCK! / For some reason, Miyu's voice coming from Airi's mouth seems so real. idk. Pushing aside my like+dislike feelings for this song, I think this short little dub turned out marvelously! Miyu is a bit pitchy here and there, but I love the umph! she sings with~

I really like her on the lower melody lines in the verse! Miyu's "SHOCK"s are cute+cool, and she'so terrific on the chorus!! It's hard for me to pick what part of this I like the most really, lol. She also sang while sick, and I think she did a splendid job even so!


*waterpixieva ~ Tell Me Your Wish (Genie) / When Eva first started singing, I was like 'huh, what's with the different lyrics?' and then I noticed- I didn't know there was a Japanese version of this song out! I honestly prefer the Korean, I think it sounds better. It's a little weird to hear the same music and melodies, but different words.

But regardless, Eva sounds as incredible as ever. I've fangirled over her enough for y'all to know that I utterly love her singing. Her covers are always top notch and a magnificent treat for your ears! Korean or Japanese; she's kickbutt whatever language she sings in.


*baudjuju ~ Yowamushi Montblanc / Juju, mostly known as Mimi, reminds me of Himi. They have similar sounding voices. I am completely new to this song, it's funky+cool, I don't know a befitting word for it but it's catchy. I really like Mimi on the verses!

He's swell on the chorus as well, but I love the melody of the verses and how low his voice can go; there isn't any strain or drop in volume! He sings this song fabulously- it's not super upbeat, but you can sway and bop while listening to him sing! Which is exactly what I did, lol. An enjoyable dub~


*DivaDagger ~ 1000 Words / UWAAAAH, I love this song ;w; It's so pretty and touching. I've never played the game, but I know some about it through friends. I've played other ff games though! When Okie sent this my way I was so excited!! I love one of her other covers a ton (of which I have the mp3) and she's always caught my attention in the various groupdubs (project and non) she's been in.

I got shivers listening to this. And maybe a little snuffly. Okie sound so so so pretty! So beautiful! She definitely did the song justice, and put a whole lot of feeling into her words. She sings so clearly, with emotion and passion that hits you in the heart and makes you feel all warm and mushy. Ohgosh, if I look at the video while I listen to her I WILL cry.

Ahem, this is gorgeous. Okie truly outdid herself with this dub- Divine. Exquisite. Impressive. Brilliant. Mind-blowing. Breathtaking. I can't begin to say enough about it. Every second is a delight for the senses. I especially love in the second half, where Okie sings the two parts together, basically dueting with herself. She sounds amazing!! Ohhh, more tingles. I love this!!

2 comments:

  1. Ohlul, Mitsie-chan~ XP

    And thank you soooooooooooooo much for such kind and lovely words, Aya!! XD

    ReplyDelete