Sunday, August 1, 2010

HEY HEY



Kuri [KuriDesu17]
Alie [AlieOngaku]
Rina [Finalheaven93]
Hanna [HannaPulla]
Ai [lovelybeige]
Naoly [oONaolyOo]
Zlil [zlilzlilzlil]
Asuka [ScarlettAlchemist17]
Zarah [ChunkyyBanana]
Mikitty [Mikitty330]

Ambitious! Yashinteki de Ii Jan by Morning Akari (KyokuProject) / The opening group part is sensational! I remember this project!! They used the cool colored names to show who's singing when (so helpful) in their 3, 2, 1 Breakin' Out dub as well, and have a wonderful sound as a group. Plus lots of energy! Yay, I haven't even listened to more than half of this and I'm already liking it. lol, I wasn't super excited because of the song choice, but it grows on yeah, eh?

I actually like the melody of the verses quite a bit. 0:33 is Mi/Ri/Za, golly they're a fabulous trio! I love how they sound together, blendingraburabu. Following them is Ha/Ku/Ai, it's hard to see Ai's name, I almost missed it. Hanna & Kuri are a perfect mix, because they have similar sounds; funky but cute. Ai is lovely and blends right in. One thing that did confuse me when I first saw Kuri's name and went to make it purple; she isn't in the original cast list. Instead it's Suki (ArabianLover27). I had to go to the project's YT channel to figure it out. So, confusing information.

Na/Al kjjgnejk rkjgnkj amazing! Naoly & Alie sound SO good together (0:39)! So strong, lovely, mature, uwah! Their "mainichi wo" is epic. Definitely my favorite duo in the dub. Following them is As/Zl, who are a bit of an odd pair with their different sounds, but not a bad one. I'd like more umph! from them both & I like their "meru" ~ Starting at 0:45 the three groups just mentioned cycle through again, in the same order. And I love all of their lines!!

Ha/Ku/Ai really are darling, I enjoy listening to them & As/Zl have better energy on their 0:54 solo. Mi/Ri/Za set of sparklers in my brain with their awesomeness, and Na/Al are pure win in my book. But moving on! Kuri at 0:56ish, I like her "mete ne" ~ she's followed by Alie at 0:59ish, goodness I love her voice and her energy is addictive. 1:02ish is Ri/Zl, they're both a little pitchy on "mete ne" ~ whoo three notes, who doesn't sing something off once in a while, eh?

After them is Ha/As, Hanna comes close to overpowering Asuka, but it's cause she's a strong singer whereas Asuka is more passive. Regardless, I like their "ima wa" ~ 1:06ish is Mi/Na/Za/Ai, their "daijoubu dakara" is loud compared to the rest, but it's terrific! 1:10 chorus time!! And it's all loud too, not horribly, but definitely more so than what's been heard so far. I love this group as a group (lol). The first line, "HEY HEY happy na mainichi" is spectacular!!

1:16 is Rina, I love her "minna datte" ! Not a very long solo, but one I enjoy immensely. Following is Hanna and her line's even shorter but delivered wonderfully! 1:19 is Ai, I'm happy to have a chance to actually hear her! Her whole solo ("hitori ja naize") is excellent, though her 'ze' is kind of loud, it's kickbutt. "JUMP JUMP take off shiyouze" at 1:22 is more full-cast fabulousness. Both times, following the group line is one by about half the cast. The first one is marvelous (1:13), and I totally adore the second at 1:25ish by Ha/Ri/Ku/As/Ai!!

Naoly at 1:28, her solo isn't long enough for me. But what we do get to hear from her is awesome! Zlil follows and so far it's probably my favorite from him, his "mirai" sounds superb! "Boys & Girls! Be Ambitious" OhYeah! I like the group parts that open the chorus more, but I can't help but like the lyrics cause it says 'boys and girls' (lol, I love the "RONRII BOYS & GIRLS" part in Koko ni Iruzee). Besides it's a good message; be ambitious! And regardless of all that, this group sounds outstanding singing "Boys & Girls! Be Ambitious"

Ohmygosh, who has what part changes in the second verse! I love getting to hear Na/Al (1:48) on a different melody, they sound tremendous!! Mi/Ri/Za as well (1:54), I adore them on the lower notes. And 1:57 is Ha/Ku/Ai, totally cute+attitude. Asuka at 1:59, she's still on the passive side some but I can tell she's trying and I give her props. 2:01ish is Ai & I'm digging her "nan dakara" ~ Mi/Na/Za/Al (2:09) is mega splendid, and a great lead into the next chorus (2:13ish)

With the number of duets/trios vs the amount of solos, you don't get to hear the individual cast members solo more than about twice. I like hearing them in smaller groups, but at the same time it'd be cool to hear more solos or at least longer solos. 2:19 is Zarah, her "ashita datte" isn't much for length but she delivers terrifically. 2:22ish is Mikitty! She's super sweet and sounds swell. Zlil at 2:31, I like his "-ke no" a lot. Such nice low notes. He's followed by Asuka, her "gishiki" has good volume and is kawaii+sweet.

3:09 is everyone together! And it's not just one line, it's several, one chunk of the chorus sung by all! I'm totally lovin' in. The "iru" at 3:14 is so strong and spot on! And their "miagereba mirai" is sensational! All of the girls blend amazingly, Zlil I can hear because he's in a much lower key; it's not like he sticks out or sounds bad, he's just noticably there. The rest of the dub is all chorus. Zarah at 3:28, I adore her light vibrato on "datte" ~ Naoly follows & the way she sings "ji" made me laugh, in a good way. She's fun.

Hanna's "kara" is crazy adorable (3:32 solo). She nails the note on 'ra' and sounds so so so cute. I can't help but scrunch my nose and smile as I internally AW. On the "take off shiyouze" around 3:36, I like how the group sounds with the slight pause; the "shiyouze" is fiercer because of it. 3:40ish is Mikitty, her "-ke no" is pretty! I love Rina's following "gishiki" - she's delightfully endearing & mega cute! And with one last "Boys & Girls! Be Ambitious" the dub is over!

Wow, I don't think I've ever listened to this song all the way through, but I'm glad I did. This is a very fun and spectacular dub that I had a good time listening to. I strongly suggest y'all give it a go yourselves, and keep an eye out for more from Kyoku Project!

No comments:

Post a Comment