Saturday, July 31, 2010

Summer love~

"In this project we don't need someone with the same voice like the originals but someone with talent and love for Hello!Project music....the project name is Hikari which in Japanese is Light." I think it's darling and helpful that the project leader, Sana, wrote a little bit about the names of their individual groups. You can view their YT channel to read about Yoru Musume, Tsuki Koubou, S-tar, & S/hineage and also to see full cast lists for each group + "as you can see all the names came from the shining night sky."



Wada Ayaka: Kanny [kannychan21]
Maeda Yuuka: Mai [dblingchiu]
Fukuda Kanon: Umika [YukiNagakami]
Ogawa Saki: Daniel [lovelyneko10000]

Yume Miru 15sai by S/hineage ~ Debut release! I could not get into this, mainly cause my attention span is starting to go. But also because sometimes one group dubs a song and then it owns your heart. Lol, that sounds lame but it's true. I'll always think of a certain dub when I think of or hear this song, and sometimes not comparing is difficult.

Just from listening to this a few times through; I think the overall energy level is pretty good, but a few more notches wouldn't hurt. All the girls sing at a good volume and blend well together. The high notes are nice throughout, though some of them could be stronger and/or held out a bit longer (depending on the note). I'm not really feeling the "That's Summer Love" (whatever the lyric is) parts in this, but I do like the group parts that lead into the chorus, like "Minogasenai" at 0:57.

Kanny sounds wonderful but I'd like a bit more umph! from her. Mai is adorable, though her soft/cuteness makes her energy more subtle. Umika I'm new to I belive; she has nice energy and a lovely voice. Daniel did a really swell job on Saki's part and sounds marvelous overall. I like the girls on all parts of this song, it's hard to decide what I like the most. idk. There are a handful of off notes here and there, but nothing super bad.

The timing seems fine (one or two iffy spots), and though I don't have the lyrics in front of me right now, I haven't heard any really off or confusing pronunciation. The "FIFUTIIN"s are a little iffy at times, not always super clear. OH I just picked on the fact that the duets in the pre-chorus are sung as solos (0:50ish & 2:00ish). I don't know if it's intentional, but if the dub is supposed to follow the original song, then the duets are lacking.

Hmm if I had to pick some fave lines by each girl it'd be the following. Mai I like the most on her solos during the 'summer love' parts at 0:42ish ("Mune ga sawagu wa") & 1:52ish ("Machi kirenai wa"). Her "AH"s are nice too. Daniel's terrific at 0:46, her "dekiru" is pretty and she manages the solo well. With Kanny it's slim pickings, cause Ayaka doesn't have tons of lines. I like her the most at 2:28 & 3:02 -the same melody both times- because she has the most energy at those times out of all her solos.

Daniel's "wow oh" around 3:13 is epic!!! I love her attitude. Umika has pretty good energy throughout the dub, but I think she shines most at 3:04 & 3:17. She's swell on the verses but I like her more in the chorus, and on her last two solos she's got great umph! especially on "teiru" and "shii yo" ~ all the little things aside, this dub is a splendid debut.

-- And since it's not likely I'll ever write about it, cause I really dislike the song;



Pepper Keibu by Yoru Musume (debut!)

Takahashi Ai: NaeHoshiChan
Niigaki Risa: megasakura93
Kamei Eri: vikinglady09
Michishige Sayumi: kannychan21
Tanaka Reina: HelloReinaKizZ
Kusumi Koharu: RainbowRii
Mitsui Aika: xsclsm
JunJun: iluvmangos2
LinLin: UsagiBele

No comments:

Post a Comment