Friday, June 25, 2010

Yopro & Solos

This was brought to mind when I was listening to Liz's dub of this song. She said, "I guess I'm the first one ever to dub this version of Special Generation" and instantly my mind was RINGALINGLING, trying to remind me that I had heard a dub of this before. So I puzzled and pondered until my...braincells were sore, and then scratched my head and thought some more. (LOL the Grinch cartoon narrator took over my thoughts) ANYWAYS [/cheesyness]

Then I remembered that someone had sent it to me over MSN (Fae maybe?) and I knew I had it downloaded somewhere on my computer. I checked my Yopro folder and alas, only stuff by BzK in there was their latest release (WAO single, A & B side). Then I looked in my sort of 'general' folder and THERE IT WAS. I double clicked and it was like angels a'singing. Well not really, but it reminded how freaking SWEET BTMZ's version of this song is. So I felt the need to share.

Saki - Rei / Momoko - K
Chinami - Molly / Miyabi - Suu
Yurina - Nyanko / Risako - Msaki
Maasa & Maiha - Baka

lol, I have way too much fun screwing around in paint. Anyways! This was originally released on March 21st in the yopro forums. I highly suggest you at least listen to it (since it's on box.net), and download it too; it's so worth it. I've been listening to it on repeat for like, 20+ minutes now.


And now for some solos that have been sent my way recently~

*Chiyo [xChiyoChii] ~ Rottara Rottara / I was rocking out in my chair listening to this. Well, as rockin' as you can get to this song, lol. The verse melody is so catchy, heck the song is, and it + Chiyo's singing is wonderful. I too hate that Tsunku left those group parts by Buono in the instrumental. I'd like to hear all Chiyo, not Chiyo feat Buono *shakes fist at H!P* Oh well.

This is quite a short dub, I wasn't ready for it to be over as soon as it was. Surprised me a bit, lol. Back to the singing; usually Chiyo's a bit pitchy, but that barely happened in this dub! I haven't listened to anything of hers super recently, but I think this is one of her better dubs. She sounds magnificent!

*Amaya [xsweetgurl] ~ Seventh Heaven / Perfume is neat and all, but this song doesn't do much for me. I like other stuff by them a lot more, this one I find a bit boring. My favorite part of this dub would probably be the chorus, it's the melody I like the most and the one I like her on the most. Oh Amaya discovered Gnap; I've never used it, but I heard about it a while ago.

The effect turned out pretty good; there are times when it does like it often does and jerks notes up or down, making them sound off key and out of place. But we know it's the effect and not Amaya's sweet singing. Even if this isn't my cup of tea, she did a swell job on it.

*Lizzie [Liz9419] ~ Special Generation (Eccentric Remix) / I give this gal props for even choosing this song. There is a reason people haven't been picking it right and left to dub and it's because it can be tricky. You either have to mix it all so that the repeat/echo effect is there (plus whatever else), or you have to do like Liz and sing it yourself (and BS it). I bet the timing overall can be a butt, since we're all so used to the regular version of this song.

Nice beginning! She has pretty good energy and sounds great! Her energy lessens a little as the dub goes on, but I think she did an all around nice job. She sounds like she's pretty into it, singing with umph, which makes you overlook the handful of off notes. Not the best dub I've heard from her, but interesting and cool to hear her try out the song.

No comments:

Post a Comment