Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Stop By Me~

"We are a group of 5 girls who love fandubbing and want to share our singing with everyone else!" This project and dub was shared with me via Ayurii. Much like with Shiruku, they are such a new project that not much is known about them. They've only had one release so far, and there is currently one gen consisting of five girls;

Ayurii [RainbowRii] / Belly [Rasubelly] Trace [RaReiRoo]
Eun Mi [eunmijjang] / Kate-chan [piratecool192]

The only one I really know is Belly. All the rest I may have heard before, but not often enough to recognize their usernames. I've seen Kate around, but don't think I've ever heard her. Anyways; "I announced to the members that this would be the first single a mere 2 days ago! And in those two days we all recorded and got this mixed. Amazingly quick, yes?" Yes! So here we go~



Cast: Eun Mi / Trace
Kate / Ayurii / Belly
(in order of appearance)

Anata nashi de wa ikite yukenai by Shiawase /I'll admit, at first I was fkejwnfjk about the way this was scripted. We all know how confused Aya can get, lol. But I just reached the first solo and I was happily surprised to see that it shows on the video who sings when (once through the cycle only). And then after that, I'm....confused. Cause I fail at counting through the solos. So for the first five solos I'll be fine, anything after we'll just have to see.

0:32 is Eun Mi, and geesh is it a great beginning to this dub! She sings clearly and has a lovely matureish voice, I like her "narenai" ~ following is Trace; I want to be all, more energy! on these lines. But really, the verses of this song aren't exactly energetic, idk what to call them. Trace is kind of cute sounding here, I like her voice, though it's not a long enough solo for me to form an opinion really.

Kate at 0:41, I understood "koi no. . . .mienai" and that's it. I don't hear the "shuumaku" at all and I don't know whether or not I hear the "tte" ~ I know lines are sometimes trickier to sing than they look, but pronunciation a little off. Aside from that, she has a nice voice and sings at a good volume. Uwah, Ayurii's 0:44 solo is wonderful! Again, one of those not so long lines, but I liked what I did hear.

Both of the group parts in the first verse(0:30 & 0:40) sound terrific! In the original color coded lyrics, all of the group parts are spilt between Berryz; four girls in each group. I was about to start viewing it this way, before I remembered that this dub isn't casted. So I am guessing that these parts are sung by all five girls together. Either or, CClyrics say they're by everyone, and they turned out splendidly in the beginning and throughout the dub.

Pre-chorus; Belly at 0:49 ~ I almost confused myself again *shot* Short solo, but it's cool cause I've (happily) heard Belly a lot recently, and! I know she's bound to have longer lines later on in this. Lovely as always. Ayurii follows, I really like her "shita kurai de." And 0:54 is Trace & oh, I like, I like! No certain part of it stands out to me, but she sounds great on it!!

0:58-1:08 is brilliant! It's all group parts, meaning that these five gals sing it together, and jkgngkrneg. Epic blending; check! Togetherness / Unity ; check! Everyone's on time and in key, there's no mumbling and I only heard one odd lyric. I don't know if a couple people pronounced it differently than the rest, or if someone got the lyric wrong? In the "kanashii dake dakara" line, the 'kana' sounds more like 'kano' ~ but it's a minor thing. My ultra favorite part of this is the "suterarechatta." ohemgee EARGASM.

Belly at 1:12, frick do I love her solo. She delivers very well, her pronunciation is spot on, and she sounds great! Following her is Eun Mi; though her "nai" is a little iffy, she sounds sweet overall. And after the manly part that Aya likes to sing along with, is Trace (1:22)! kfkjfnekw, totally adorable + pretty sounding. I love it!

1:27 is Kate; a little strain on the "koto" and it's a tiny bit off key, but she managed the high note pretty well and sounds lovely. The first part of the song is finished off by Ayurii at 1:31 with her nice "aishitai" ~ Gosh this is getting long. It sucks that I can't skim through and pick out certain parts & know who they're by, unless I count through the solos.

The rest of the song is mostly all chorus; there is the small pre-chorus once more, and a second verse, but that's it and it's all awesome! This is a really good dub overall! The number of off notes is small, and I only picked up on a couple pronunciation errors (but I didn't break down the second half of the song). I really enjoyed this, and it is a spectacular debut for this project!

*Edited June 16th*

3 comments:

  1. thank you for reviewing this groupdub~ I'm really happy, I'm sure the other members are happy too as well as being thankful^O^

    oh yeah~ I noticed that there were some parts you mentioned incorrectXD I mean the one who sang it:D should I give you the colorcoded lyrics?:D

    https://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0AUAOHy6qt-SRZGYyNHZzd3dfMWdiMmhnMjY2&hl=en
    ^that oneXD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reviewing this! XD
    Though you got confused on who was singing where (hell, I colour coded the lyrics and sometimes even I get mixed up) it was a nice review!
    I hope you continue to check out our project, we are currentely working on our 2nd single~ first kiss - Aa! (:

    //Ayurii

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for reviewing this!
    I'm so happy you liked my lines ^^
    It's good to see that lining up the lines exactly paid off ~

    ♥Trace

    ReplyDelete