Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Hikki Reviews!

Yo yo yo, 'sup minna-saaaaan? I think I've been watching too many concert videos! Anywhooo, today I am reviewing Project Koubou's latest release- Dakishimete Dakishimete! Like many other releases I've reviewed, I'm totally new to their project. They seem to be a half live and half-dubbing group, as they have some close-up singing vids of some of their members. Very interesting! But lets cut to the cheese!



Saki: Kate
Miyabi: Axana
Yurina: Linneke
Chinami: Moni
Maasa: Meche
Momoko: Ash
Risako: Rieke

Dakishimete Dakishimete by PKoubou / So, I was dreading that it'd be hard to follow considering I haven't hear any of the member's voices, but thankfully, they stuck to the original color coding! So let's get started! The first line by Ri/Ax got me hooked! The blending is fantastic, and their voices sound incredible together! But let's listen more for their individual solos!

Rieke has a very interesting voice, but there is very audible static in the background, which takes away from her pretty voice! So hopefully she can get a new mic soon. Axana has a good and strong voice, however there were a few mispronunciations, which will probably get better with practice.

Now bring on all the tiny solos by everyone else! At 0:45 is Linneke and she has a really nice voice, the solo is too short for me to analyze more, but she seems to have a good grasp on the pitch. She's followed by Moni, who has an adorable voice, but lacks a bit of energy. Her mic quality also takes away from her energy too, which is unfortunate. Meche has a very strong sounding voice, but it seems like she needs to have a bit more confidence in her singing. And finally is Kate, whose line is a bit off timing, but she has a very captain-tone!

And now is the chorus, which needs to be cleaner personally. Volumes were okay, it wasn't super loud or anything, but the mixing and timing for some people were off which made the chorus seem messy. Now, I'm a terrible mixer, so I know that mixing is incredibly tough, so I feel for the mixer. But I'm sure in time their mixing will get better and better! So don't give up! Some of the lines WERE in sync, and they sounded really blendy, which is awesome! And ending the chorus at 1:29 is Ash who has such an adorable voice!

Now after listening to more of the dub, I can tell that the group mainly suffers from their lack of energy, because everyone has a really great voice. COME ON GUYS! THIS SONG IS HOT AND STEAAAMY. IT'S ABOUT....HOLDING...STUFF. And when you hold stuff you want to HOOOOOLD it, not just.... hold it. D:

Anyway, there's another long line of solos, and everyone sounds really good, but they are all off-timing, which irks me a bit. However, like I said before, I'm sure that with time, their mixing with improve! Okay at 2:12-2:17 is the beginning of the second chorus, which sounds MUCH better than the first. Most of the lines are in time, except a few slow lines here and there. At 2:25, I really like the elongated "Shinaideeeee." It sounds really great!

Huuu~ at 3:01 is Rieke's long Risako solo! She has a very interesting voice as I said before. It's really adorable, and she has this cute nasally tone (in the best way possible.) All she needs is a boost of energy and more UUMPH, and she'd be amazing! However with that said, she does a good job with Risako's solo! Anyway, I believe this group has a lot of potential, because they have good voices! I'll keep an eye out for them!




Kokuhaku Funsui no Hiroba by Mero of Taiyou (HoshiDubs) / Whee! I finally picked a dub from a project I've actually heard from before! So this song is Mero's (xXLuvleeMerodiiXx) solo debut song in Hoshi's concert! And although I found it a bit strange that they'd use this performance in their concert, it's really sweet of the leader to allow their new members to sing what they want (I'm trying to say this in the least sarcastic way, but for some reason my sentence structure just makes it seem mean. SERIOUSLY. IT'S NICE!)

Well, anyway! I've never heard Mero's voice before, but she sounds REALLY GREAT! I love the energy and emotion she put into this solo. She sounds so much like Risako, except not bad. Ahaa~ That's right, I burned Risako's voice.

At 0:50 ("Guuzen keisan...") she switches from back and forth from this strong mature voice to this aklfnsfnasf ADORABLEEEE voice. And although you'd think it may sound strange, it sounds really CUUUTEE. Well, it's more like she sang the ending syllables of the phrase in a cuter voice, so I guess it wasn't that noticeable, but I liked it!

At 1:07 is probably my favourite part. If you guys have been reading my reviews, you know I get eargasms from vibratos. And Mero's vibrato at "anata ga suki" was....FANTASTICCC! I loved it. Well, actually her vibrato continues on throughout the chorus, and they all sound great, but for some reason, I like the first one the best.

And at this point, all I'm doing is staring at Risako's BALLOON SHORTS. What were you thinking, Risako? DDD: BALLOON SHORTS?.....REALLY? Well, this was a short short solo of only 1:27 seconds, but I thoroughly enjoyed every second of it! Another great release by Hoshidubs!

No comments:

Post a Comment