Monday, June 28, 2010

BTW

I've been working long days at work, leaving me little time to blog. I apologize for the sluggishness of things lately. I'll try and catch up some on my days off.

*waterpixieva ~ Love Does Not Wait / I haven't actually paid this group any attention yet!! I adore After School, so this is cool in my book. FreakingA, Eva sounds amazing!! This is a good melody and tempo for her. I love her voice, so lovely+sweet. She sings with a wonderful emotion that really comes across to the listener. There are a handful of iffy higher notes, but I like this dub way too much for them to really matter.

*momito666 ~ Lira no kataomoi / Wow, this is so good. I don't know the song at all, but Sandi sounds splendid singing it. I like the little bit of vocalizing in the beginning before the verse starts. I don't know which part I like the most; I adore her on the verse melody, so pretty ~ but the pre-chorus is pretty awesome too, as well as the chorus. I think I'm going to have to go with the verses, she hits so many nice notes. Overall this is excellent and enjoyable!!



*chibikonkon ~ Magic Girl / OHEMGEE, this is spectacular!! The chorus blew my mind. K is insanely kawaii. Incredibly cute. She delivers her lines awesomely, with great umph! energy and emotion. I don't know if I've ever heard her before, and I'm new to the song; they make a smashing combo! I am downloading this now, cause it's so worth listening to more then once. K's terrific on the verses and such, but the chorus is hardcore win. I love the different parts she sings on it, she's sounds epic with herself. She's nails her notes, charms you with her voice, and has got some skillz. Love love love.

*amiswami2 ~ Yeah! Meccha Holiday / I love Ami's "sungee"s! They are so so so good. She's fabulous on the chorus; I've missed her voice, it's been too long since I've listened to anything by her. I love her on the verses (ex 0:38), in fact, I think they are my favorite part of this dub. And she's also great on the pre-chorus (ex 1:06), I especially adore the "nantoka kantoka ne" at 1:15. Ami has a unique sound that I find irresistible. This is awesome.

*hitsugayahinamori ~ Party Time / Michi is way too hard on herself. But we all view our singing differently than other people, eh? We look for flaws while others often just enjoy. This is really good for a oneshot! I thought the music was a little bit loud in some places -mostly the chorus- but she sounds wonderful on all parts of the song! I think her energy is pretty darn swell too. Michi has a lovely voice and hits a lot of pretty notes in this.



*chocolateblakberri ~ Haru no Arashi / This is one of the only Mano songs I actually like. Yeah, I've only heard a small handful, but that is quite enough, lol. Pooh-chii sent this my way a handful of days ago and I'm only now getting around to it. Her song choice makes me happy, and I look forward to hearing her on other Mano songs, including ones I'm unfamiliar with. And look at them eggs! I adore eggs. I wonder which ones those are.

Anyways! I think most of the time I hear Pooh-chii on slightly more upbeat songs (stuff like Tsuugaku Vector), so it's cool to hear her sing this. I'm already on my third listen, trying fully take it in. She sounds pretty (with her usual cuteness too) the entire dub. The beginning starts off with the verse part, which she's great on throughout! I wanna dance along with those eggs to her singing.

One of my favorite parts of the song is the pre-chorus "zutto zutto" etc. Pooh-chii hits a few iffy notes on the first one (1:08), but overall did a fabulous job on that part. For me, the chorus wins out; it's wonderful!! I really like 3:32, with the little echoes. The other echoes in this are pretty sweet too, they're on the end of the chorus, like on the "kokoro ni" at 3:47.

*paperblossom ~ Metamorphoze / I don't need to say much when it comes to Papery, because she is an amazing singer. But I always enjoy her covers, enough so that I like to share them. She sang this Gackt song as part of an anime contest, and for the first round the participants had to do 'cross-singing' - sing a song originally by the opposite gender. So this is a very interesting dub and worth a listen.



*LovablexKarupin ~ Listen!! / Karu is born to sing K-ON. She's so fan-freaking-tastic. This isn't a very long dub, but it's packed with talent and fabulous vocals & the chorus blows your mind a little bit. Such PAWAA and umph! I love it. All you need to know about the formula for epicness is that Karu is in the mix.

*madleybloomingstar ~ Oh! / YAY! I always get excited when a 'Happay Karaoke Fun Time' dub pops up in my subs. Awai's River dub is still my favorite, but all of the ones that I've heard are spectacular! This isn't one of those kind of songs you can rock out to, more like the kind that makes you wanna dance along to. Awai freaking pwned this. She sounds incredibly adorable in a super pretty way. I don't know if she picked this video on purpose, but I like that it has subtitles. Totally sweet dub.

*ReinaLoverai ~ Soku Dakishimete / I adore this song, partially because Megumi is in it, but it's also just a good C-ute song. I like their early stuff, the indies. Their other songs are good too, but I like them to different degrees whereas with a group like Berryz, I like just about every single of theirs. Ai is a fan of this song too, yay! That's why she picked it. Her energy level is epic and she's oodles of fun to listen to; delightful! At 2:24 her voice coming from Megumi and Airi's mouths is so win.



*HanonHoshoAquaPearl ~ Misc songs / Frick, this is terrific!! I love love and adore Raii's voice! She mentioned in the drop-down that she's sick and kept using her 'cute voice' but regardless; she sounds smashing!! Oh em gee fkneswfjkl lhktmrhkl raburabu! She's excellent on Campus Life and aMa no Jaku, but my faves of the four songs she sings are MY BOY and Maji Bomber. Feel better soon Raii!

No comments:

Post a Comment