Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Misc Project Releases [P]

It's a bit much to decide what to write about when there is so much to catch up on, guh. So I decided to use a random generator (1-26), matching up alphabet letters with their numeral positions. After choosing as letter this way, I will refer to my list of projects and whatever falls under that letter I will check out the latest from.

This is totally random, but with the sheer amount I have to catch up, it's too much to sift through everything without some kind of system. So here we go! The first two tries resulted in nothing, since I don't know any G or X projects, lol. The next was 16, which corresponds with the letter P. I know many people have asked me to look at things, and I promise I will! Every few letters, I'll do an entry about something that's been shared with me~


I've already written about PA-FE's latest dubs, you can find those entries by clicking on their label on the right hand side, or simply here. They've recently done songs such as; Ryuusei Boy and Roman ~My Dear Boy~ (click links to listen).

If you're a shoutbox reader, than you know that the awesome leader Awai just shared with me the news about PA-FE's upcoming concert! Their YT channel tells us, "Premiering On July 5th 2010 at 6:00pm central time! PA-FE Kyuuto 2010 KIRAMEKI SWEETZ Summer Concert!" I will be very busy this weekend at work, because of the holiday. But I hope to catch this!


I am still in love with Pinky Team's dub of Sakura Mankai (which reminds me, I need to get the MP3 for that). I've listened to quite a bit from them, though I don't remember how I discovered them in the first place....*backtracks to first PT entry*

Ahh, it was Sayuri [Lilacsilk28] who lead me to them indirectly. You can see past entries on them here. Of all their current groups, I have to admit that my favorites are Pinky Team (H!P) and Aegyo (kpop). But overall PT puts out a lot of great dubs! Let's take a look at some of their most recent;



Momoko :: Okie [DivaDagger]
Miyabi :: Aiko [RenaiLoverai]
Airi :: Sayuri [Lilacsilk28]

MIRACLE HAPPY LOVE SONG (Pinky Team Special) / I remember back when this single of Buono's first came out and Rae asked me if I'd heard this song, which is the B-side. I hadn't then and I still haven't until now. I don't care much for the song itself, but the OPV is pretty sweet; props to karakedi06 for it.

Aiko starts things off at 0:16 ~ Uwah, she's always got such great energy! I really like the verses in this dub and she sounds fabulous on the beginning of the first one. She hits some pretty notes just within her first two lines. Her "kita" is a tiny bit off, but it's minor. Next is Okie, and geesh, I adore her. She sent me the MP3 for her solo dub of Taiyou no Uta, which I downloaded in a heartbeat and have already listened to like 20 times or something. But as for her in this dub, like at 0:27, she's sweet and fantastic!

Sayuri has the pre-chorus at 0:39, I don't know if I'm the only one picking up on it because of my headphones being weird or such? But I hear a slightly odd...high pitch quiet buzzy sound? during her solo. But ignoring it, she sounds as wonderful as ever! 0:54 is the first chorus and you can tell a lot of the notes are at the edge of the girls' range; they sound a little strained. But they managed them well overall!

There are also some pitchy notes here and there by different gals throughout the dub, but I bet this isn't a super easy song to sing. I've heard all of these girls before, and they're usually pretty spot on. So I think that maybe the trickiness of the song and it's notes caused the amount of pitchiness in this.

One reason I like the verse so much -it has a nice melody and it's in their ranges- they all sing it well and in key. I think it's the part / melody that suits them all the best. Even if this isn't a favorite of mine from PT, I'm happy to have heard a new song through listening to these girls' singing. Props to them for tackling it!



Akimoto Sayaka :: Rixie [RixieMixiePixieDixie]
Masuda Yuka :: Hikki [DisturbedStrawberry]
Ohori Megumi :: Mitsuki [MitsukiUsagii]
Miyazawa Sae :: Okie [DivaDagger]

Blue Rose by YAKUZA / Oh yay this song ~ it's good. Gotta love sites like projecthello and Stage48; lyrics. Wow, this turned out pretty snazzy! The overall volume seems a little loud though; I went from one dub to the next and had to turn down the volume on this one cause it was too loud for me.

With the way this song goes, only two girls get solos (Rixie and Hikki) while the other two duet together on the pre-chorus (Mitsuki and Okie) and I like that part as well as the verses, but the chorus is my favorite. I don't have a whole lot to say on this one, idk why.

I enjoy this, but my brain is failing at breaking it down, lol. Rixie and Hikki sound splendid! Okie and Mitsuki aren't always noticeably blending because they aren't always balanced in volume, but they both sound marvelous. This is so worth a listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment