Monday, May 31, 2010

Reviews by Misc writers~



Yuri [ouranhostphan1018]
Nina [AnimeXLover28Kat] [Cover]
Raii [HanonHoshoAquaPearl]
Mai [dblingchiu]
Ai [lovelybeige]
Yuna [lovesora27]

FOREVER LOVE by K~utez (HelloUtaProject) / CClyrics / Review by Belly / Ah~ It's always good to see inactive projects make their comeback. Something that really impressed me when I looked first at the colorcodes was the extremely strict fairness. Everyone got exact 7 solos which gives everyone enough spotlight. But it seems that the mixing wasn't pretty good. At least if it comes to the volumes. They were all super quiet so I couldn't hear them well.

The start of the first solo [0:38] by Yuri is a little bit weak. She has a very quiet voice and doesn't have power which makes her one of the quietest, cause of the volume mixing. But her voice is cute though. With some more energy she really could sound beautiful. Following is Raii, who's got a wonderful sugar doll voice with some power. Someone who really has an awesome voice is Ai. As I heard her first solo at 0:58 I thought that she was also lacking of energy, but hearing her the rest of the song, she was just wonderful.

Also, I thought that Nina didn't have much energy. Her duet with Ai at 1:00 really rocks though. I think her best solo in this was at 2:02 where she actually shows energy. Besides Ai's, I thought very positively of Yuna's and Raii's voice. Those three are actually the ones who sing with the most energy. For Mai, I couldn't really say, since hers is very quietly mixed too. Her voice seems to be cute but needs, like the others, more energy.




Takahashi Ai - Airi [AlieOngaku]
Tanaka Reina - Reina [PrincessJoycie]
Shimizu Saki - Risa [aznfiregirl]
Yajima Maimi - Nozomi [NozomiAi]
Maeda Yuuka - Eri [xChiyoChii]

Cinderella\Complex by Kakyokuu Project / Review by Ayu / First chorus really impressed me, SUGOII ENERGY! and the "yes yes yo!" etc parts are very suggestive too. I absolutely LOVED the duets by duos AlieOngaku & NozomiAi and PrincessJoycie & Aznfiregirl. Pitching is really good and I could finally hear good combination in the voices since it is melody and octave higher melody. Sounds great!!

0:47 Airi solo is NEAT! One of the best solos I've heard, great energy and personality in her voice. 0:57 Reina solo reminds me a lot of Reina...I am a huge fan of voice impersonations so I really enjoyed this dub because most parts sound very like the original voices. 1:03 Nozomi solo is very good !! Maybe it is kinda quiet? - but I still enjoyed it a lot. 1:05 Eri's solo SUPER cute!! sounding but delicate at the same time, nice job. 1:06 Risa solo is very Saki-style . She nailed it very well with a mature tone. Excellent. Next Airi solo, "yume ga kanau" is prob my favorite one until the chorus is started again.

Chorus: great blending, again I have to talk about energy! There is lots of it, very good!! Maybe harmonies are a little bit off time respecting to the other voices? Solos are fantastic! I love both of the solos, I would give them 10 stars of quality, maybe a 9.99 to Reina and an absolute 10 to Airi (small pitching issues). Then we have another verse, which is very similar to the first one, but let's go to my favorite is part of the dub, second chorus;

2:33 Airi solo is PERFECT! my favorite of the song. 2:42 is the most KAWAII Reina solo I've heard on a CC dub. Congratulations to Reina, I loved it do much! Last chorus is as good as the other ones. Last Reina and Alie solos are very good too. Again, GREAT energy! I enjoyed this dub a lot. *Goes to my Ipod!*




Just be Friends (Piano Vers) by Mikkun [HA3NGB0K] / Review by Hikki / What whaaat~ I haven't been writing for a while, because I've been crazy busy with junk....and just reaaal lazy. Ahaa. Anyway! I've got Mikkun's short piano version of Just be Friends on my plate! And I'm excited to review this. When I first saw it on Aya's list, I was like: "ZOMG GIMME PLZZZ!!11!!one". Mikkun was like the first guy dubber I ever heard. He was like a rare pokemon. Ahaaa. (No offense)

So anyway! This song is my all time favourite Vocaloid song! And so I was super psyched when I saw that Mikkun covered it. (Unforunately he did the piano version, which I like less than the original, but it's still pretty good.)

After the extremeeeely long piano instrumental opening, we get to the lyrics, and daaaaaang, Mikkun, you sound so sekushiiii! I'm jealous of your voice! And as he said in the description, I think his voice got a lot deeper too. Not that it's a bad thing! He has a really cool tone to his voice while singing, and I think he manages to capture the emotion of the song. A few word stumbles, but it was nothing that bad. And I love his "Sen wo nuita" line right at the end; it's so strong! AND THEN IT JUST ENDS. And I'm sitting here wanting to hear the chorus. (How dare you pull a cliff-hanger on me? Wahh.)

Anyway! This was a really short review because MIKKUN DIDN'T SING ENOUGH, but overall, he sung it beautifully, and I hope that he will sing the full piano version, or original (preferably original) soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment