Saturday, May 29, 2010

BT: Solo Version [Part 1]

Sun 05.23 - Sat 05.29

Here is the first part. YAY. I decided to get started on it tonight, since I work tomorrow. The next three days as well, but then I get another three off! I'm doing the majority of the writing this time. Darling Izumi is busy with work, and the fantastic Kappa is busy with Hana stuff, understandably so. (ILU2) I had a really good week, and it's always because of everyone within the dubbing community. So thanks! Now, onward! This is my last post for now, I've gotta go to bed~



*RenshiKyo ~ Champagne no Koi / Uwah, Renna! I still can't over how much I love her recent K-on dub. And here she is again, sounding a beautiful as ever. She hit so many nice notes in this song; lower and higher. I really like her on the verses, she sounds so pretty, and I adore her on the chorus! She is so delightful to listen to, and I really mean that. I always look forward to anything new by her.

*moamelody ~ Hot Issue / MoA blows my mind. I'm not even a fan of this song really, and she's got me loving it, simply because she is singing it. "It took quite some time to record this cover since there are so many background vocals (all vocals by me)." She always put a lot of work into her covers, and it definitely shows, because the end result is always pure win. This could be the flippin' original.

*FreeMusicify ~ A Moon Filled Sky [+more] / One thing about Vera that drew me in right from the start; this girl plays the violin incredibly. And I've mentioned my weakness for string instruments before. Not only is she very musically talented, she also has a lovely voice that sounds very calm and soothing in this piece. I'm loving it.



*candyraver009 ~ Yoshite, Yoshite / Holycrap, Reika sounds great!! I've never heard this song before, though I am familiar with her singing, since I've heard her in a lot of project dubs recently. But I don't think I've ever really listened to her sing a slower song like this, her voice suits the simple and pretty melody. There is a minor slightly off note here or there, but your ears are like 'whatev' in favor of enjoying Reika's lovely singing. I really really like her on this!! I mean, really!

*SweetPoffin ~ Kimi O Nosete / I could MARRY this song. I love love love it. Paperblossom's version is amazing, and when I saw that one of my other favorites had sung it, Miss Elsie, I had to have a listen. There is light strain on the higher notes, but the majority of this dub is beautiful. This is my favorite song from the Ghibli movies, out of what I've seen. (And on an off note, the lovely Izumi sang this for me ;w; ILY) Fabulous job, Elsie!

*amydien09 ~ Memories of You / Not my favorite from Amydien, I like her more on other songs, but she still sounds good all the same. She says that she sounds boy-ish, but I don't think so. She just has a mature voice and she's singing a lower song. Her high notes are really pretty.



*TokyoStarx ~ Renai Shashin / I think birthday dubs are so special! Miya and Sayuri are both wonderful girls, and I'm happy that they share such a good friendship. Reading drop-down sections like the one for this, and knowing the intentions behind the dub are so sweet, just make you smile. Miya is a total cutie, and while she may be a bit pitchy, she gives singing her all. Props to her on this dub, I like her on the chorus. And a belated Happy Birthday to Sayuri!

*luvsasuke ~ Rain Stops, Goodbye / Wow, I like this! Again, a new song for me, but I don't much keep up with vocaloids really, heh. I like that Chii changed things up a bit. Yeah it's cool to do a song how it goes, but there's nothing that says you can't do it as you want. I like it at the tempo she sings it, I don't think I would as much if it were slower. The melody sounds good at this pace. And though I've never done enough recording to do it, I have a lower voice and I've thought before of changing the pitch of instrumentals to better suit me. Props to her for taking this song into her own hands, and, er, vocals chords! I really like the beginning as well as the chorus, and the little bit of harmony you hear is nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment