Thursday, May 27, 2010

"Brand New Sound"



Oh! by Jagiya (SakuranboDubs) / Review by Hikki /Alrighty! This is going to be a relatively short review today. Okay, I know I said that about the Shouganai review and it was like....the longest review I've ever written, but this time, it's for real. WHY? BECAUSE I HAVE A LASAGNA IN THE OVEN. Oh man, I love lasagna...

So, this is Sakuranbo's korean unit- Jagiya, and what's their debut single? Why, it's none other than OH! By Girl's Generation (SNSD). I'm so happy to be reviewing a korean dub! I love SNSD, and I've never heard any of Sakuranbo's releases, so I'm really excited to hear how it turns out. (I'm glad I did this! I'm expanding my dubbing horizon, hahaa)

Unfortunately, this dub just has a cast list, and I don't know if it's the order of solos, and there's no color coded lyrics, not to mention, I'm not familiar with ANY of the dubbers. So this is going to be really confusing/vague to read, and I apologize in advance.

Cast:
Rii (AzNxRawRx)
Chisako (JapanGirlHellopro)
Mashiro (iwearatshirttoday)
Sun-Hi (No Account)
Eva (covered by Mashiro)

Okay, the dub opens in a very 'in your face' manner, the chorus is REALLY loud and staticky. But there is very nice blending of the voices. First solo is originally sung by Seohyun and whoever did her solo had such a cute voice, although she sounded a bit shy. Have more confidence because you do have such a sweet sounding voice! Whoever did Tiffany's short solo has a really great tone, and attitude, she pulled off that solo perfectly!

Then it's whoever did Yuri's solo next! She has a nice, strong voice, but her mic quality is really obvious and there's a bit of static in there too. A few mispronunciations, but I'm not Korean, so I really shouldn't be talking. Then the next solo (after Jessica) is sung by Taeyeon and the dubber has a really relaxing tone, and I loved the small vibrato at the end. And after that is Sooyoung, and whoever had her solo had some pitching errors, but her line "Malhago shippeo" was sooo cute!

OKAY WAIT WAIT. Now I'm really confused, did the same person sing Seohyun and Tiffany's line? Ahhh! Okay, okay, if my guessing is correct Miss Cute did Seohyun and Tiffany's line. Miss Strong did Yuri and Jessica's lines. Miss Cool sang Taeyeon's lines and Miss Perky sang Sooyoung's lines?? Oh man, I don't even know if I'll be able to tell their voices apart, so I see no point in nicknaming their voices.

The chorus once again comes along, and I think the mixer should've really de-amped the lines to make it flow better (I suck with volumes, so again, I really shouldn't be talking). It especially sounds abrupt during the "dance dance dance" lines. But there were parts where the voices really fit each other!

I'm not gonna comment about the verse after the chorus too much. But I think everyone sounded better here! The pitching was right on (at most parts). The only thing I would critique on is that the energy was lacking a bit. But still, it was really pretty! I really liked the solo at 1:31, a bit loud, but it sounded really good! Random side note, I really love Tiffany's hair in every Girl's Generation single.

Then it's the second chorus, whoever did the "Ah ah ah ah" at 1:47 sounded so SUPER ADORABLE!! The person who had Yoona's solo at 1:54 has such a pretty voice, although it sounded a bit weak near the end, but it still sounded awesome! AND OMIGOSH! I love whoever had Sunny's solo at 1:57. Although the mic quality was pretty bad, the voice was really fantastic! Skip to 2:43, the "ah ah ah ah" blended like JOANFKANFAF! It sounded really awesome!

Overall, this was a really nice single to listen to, a bit iffy at parts, but nonetheless it was cute!

Aya here! Lol, I just forgot that I made this little image out of a printscreen when I was watching this dub the other day. Felt like sharing~

No comments:

Post a Comment