Saturday, April 24, 2010

ROKKU ON IKP




Who's got it going on? IKP's got it Going On!

Mitsui Aika- Amaranth
Sugaya Risako- Periwinkle
Kumai Yurina- Amber
Nakajima Saki- Celeste

Going On by Amai (IroKokoroProject) / I don't think I've ever actually listened to this song. Probably because I'm not a huge fan of the songs by Guardians 4 (even though I adore the H!P girls). I have to agree with what was said in the comments, "after hear Amai's version I just ... LOVE IT *-* It doesn't sounds like the original, it sounds even better, A LOT BETTER THAN THE ORIGNAL."

I was not expecting the autotune, but it sounds pretty cool! Everyone suits their part so well!! This could be G4 singing right now! Ohmy. The blending is EPIC and the group parts blow my mind. Probably one of the best releases I've heard from IKP. It sounds so real, so professional. I want to just fangirl over these girls *downloads MP3 right away*

I love this. I am in love with this. Super props to Takara for mixing this, and to all the girls for sounding so amazing. The beginning group part at 0:18 is freaking fabulous, as are all of the parts where they sing together. The perfect level of blending is immensely ear pleasing, and Aya pleasing.

0:49 is Amaranth starting the solos off; I adore her singing. Y'all probably know this from my previous ramblings about her. I can't help it, she always sounds so kick-butt. Congrats Periwinkle! This is her debut in IKP as the first member of generation 3, Akarui. It's her at 0:52. She did a fantastic job as Risako, and pwned her solos. Her singing is so full of win.

Let's all give Amber our 'get better soon' wishes! Being sick is lame, but she still sang for us and sounds awesome. 0:57 is her first line and I love it. Nakki at 1:00 - wait, I mean Celeste. She just sounds so cute, spot on, and Nakki-like I could have been fooled. I adored her ending "ne" - it's so pretty.

The following set of solos (1:04-1:16) were just as wonderful. All of the pronounciation in this dub sounds great (to my untrained ears, but I followed along over and over, and it seemed good to me)! The girls sing clearly and so well, that it's super easy to understand what they are saying. Everything is on beat and the energy is super! 1:17 is such a catchy beat, and just another part of this song that the Amai girls nailed. I really liked the last line, "Asa wa kuru kara."

3:27 gave me shivers. Good shivers. So flipping marvelous. I loved all of the solos there. EPIC. I adore this dub to pieces. Amaranth rocked her "ROKKU ON" and her entire short but magnificent solo. Periwinkle follows at 3:30 sounding sweet and pwning those higher-ish notes. 3:34 is Amber and her "Going On" was so fun/good!! And the last solo is Celeste at 3:37 who sounds as cute as ever, liked her "ku."

It kind of sucks that this doesn't have tons of solos, cause it doesn't give me much to comment on individually. And the song does get a little repetitive after so many listens, but that can't be helped. The pure epic win that this dub is outshines anything that can be picked at. I loved this~


And on a side note, when peeking at IKP's channel I saw that their 3rd Gen has been added! Congrats ladies! I'm so excited for this group, cause it's packed with talented, friendly, wonderful dubbers. Akarui (明るい) is ~

Emerald [FuyumiPopo]
Rosaceous [ChiiAyu]
Periwinkle [hitsugayahinamori]
Aureolin [TomokyoHamasaki]
Ruby [industrialxstrength]
Aubergine [missgumbiecat]
Cerulean [LovablexKarupin]
? [aimforthestarss]

No comments:

Post a Comment