Saturday, April 24, 2010

Misc Project Recent Releases~

I had just started into this when my older sister asked me to help her with highlighting her hair. So I spent most of my morning pulling little pieces of hair through a cap with holes in it, followed by wearing gloves and wielding a flat sticky-thing & purple colored goo. Fun fun. But her best friend is getting married today and she's the maid of honor; so I helped her out.

Darnit, I think my allergies are acting up. I guess you can develop them, cause I never had'em before last year and now I'm getting them again. My head hurts a little, & I sniffling. On top of that I'm mega hungry. But y'all know what?

I'm in a fabulous mood~ You bodily functionings won't get me down! Can't promise that my entries this will be utterly fabulous right now though, lol. Anywho, onwards!!




Nytefaerie: Konkon---Kusumi Koharu
Luinestel23: Takahashi Ai---Makoto Ogawa
AikoAki: Reina Tanaka---Sayumi Michiige
Therealallisons: Risa Niigaki---Eri Kamei
ChiiAyu: Hitomi Yoshizawa---Miki Fujimoto

Iroppoi Jirettai from CSS (hosted by Chiiayu) / This song has grown on me so much; I love it. And anything by CSS is awesome! Thanks to Chiiayuchan for sharing with me ♥ This is a really great group; the duets are marvelous, I adore the chorus, the blending is consistent and wonderful, and I really liked the "SEXY ISLANDS" in this. I won't be fully covering, since I wrote a freaking book on the other Iroppoi Jirettai dub I listened to. But everyone sounds really really good!!

I noticed that sometimes people dueted with themselves, lol. The first solo by Luinestel niggled at my mind, and then I double checked and saw that it was all her. But this song had a lot of parts and was dubbed with half the number of girls, so it makes sense. Nice mixing! There were oodles of super parts that I could ramble on about, I'm sure. But let's just say I loved this to lovely little pieces~




Rixie // RixieMixiePixieDixie (Ai's chipmunky solo)
Mitsuki // MitsukiUsagii (Reina's chipmunky solo)
Okie // DivaDagger (Eri's chipmunky solo)
Hikki // Disturbedstrawberry (Risa's chipmunky solo)

Kimagure Princess (Autotuned) a Pinky♡Team Leader Special / At first I didn't read the note about autotune in the title, and as I was glancing at comments before clicking the drop-down section I spotted the word 'chipmunky'. It was then that I realized, and right after that I heard the first line. I have to say that this is good LOL-value. Autotune can sound really cool, but combined with chipmunky it's kind of funny.

I know someone said once (I think it was Rae?) that you have to be careful with your pitching and other things, when planning to use autotune. In this dub you do hear a lot of funky notes and some dischord on group parts; but it's due to the autotune. With that knowledge, it's easy to overlook the minor things and just enjoy listening.

Aside from the chuckles this got out of me, there were some great parts! I really liked a lot of the solos, especially on the high-ish held notes, like on the "Ii ja nai" parts. But so so many other lines with long ending notes sound fantastic. The "kuru" at 1:05 was so pretty. Frick, all the girls did kick-butt on their lines! These four blew my mind a little on the chorus.




Takahashi Minami : Kinsenka [ shockingbuggy ]
Nakanishi Rina : Shobu [ yumestarlet02 ]
Itano Tomomi : Kasumisou [ natsujisen ]
Maeda Atsuko : Kikyo [ tomokyohamasaki ]

Nageki no Figure by SKR48 (HanaPro) / The second installment of redo month for SKR, from their eighth single; RESET. This song is a bit too repetitive for my tastes, but the gals all sound magnificent. I couldn't bring myself to listen to it more than five times, sorry; the song just annoys me too much.

But if I focus on the solos, to each of the girls' parts; it's wonderful!! These four all have great voices, a nice mix of lovely and cute, and they all blend well together. Kasumisou and Kikyo (both Gen 5 members) from Tane guest starred, and this is actually their debut! Congrats ladies!

No comments:

Post a Comment