Tuesday, March 30, 2010

My mind just exploded a little bit. ilfbnwejbfhjbgjhbgjherbgehfbh!!!!

A huge mega thank you to PinkYumii for sharing her awesome duet with me on YT, cause it is freaking epic! I'll admit, I mostly listen to H!P when it comes to Asian music dubbing. I really love AKB48's music, but I've only ever heard maybe two dubs of their songs. WHY?! I need to start searching for more AKB related stuff.

When I first heard Skirt, Hirari I wasn't a huge fan of it. Now I totally adore it (along with many other AKB songs). When I saw that I had a Shared Video and clicked my way there to have a look, and when I saw that it was this song I was so excited!! But I didn't want to get my hopes up in case it was (in all honesty) not a very good dub.

! ! ! I was not expecting such awesomeness!! I don't really know either of the girls very well, so I didn't have an idea of what I might be hearing. (I think I might have heard Yumi in Hoshizora?) But after I fell in love with their voices and this duet, I just had to cover it on here. Besides, Blabodu could use some AKB.

Yumi / PinkYumii
Yuri / JangMiso



Yumi has admitted that she isn't the best at mixing, and while I'm not agreeing, I will say that there was a time or two in this dub the music was loud enough that it was hard to hear the girls on their solos (like at 2:33). They both have very lovely voices that shouldn't be overwhelmed!

Once again, unless it's spelled out for me, I get confused. Cause I'm lame like that. It doesn't say who has the first solo, but I listened and my shot in the dark is; first solo (0:40) is Yuri, and then the next (0:52) is Yumi. And so on, back and forth between them on the solos. Maybe? idk ;w;

Since I don't really know, I am going to call them Yu1 and Yu2. I could message one of them and ask, but that would mean waiting until likely tomorrow before I could continue this. And I don't want to wait, lol. Once I have it cleared up, I can always fill in the information here. Anyways, I've rambled enough! Moving on~

I love when they sing together!! I was shocked by how well their voices compliment each other; the blending is wonderful.They both sing so well! Such clear lovely notes. And this song is perfect for them!! It's right in the middle, with some notes on the higher and lower ends. Sometimes they really sound like the actual AKB girls.

Yu1 at 0:40. She sounds awesome when she sings up to the higher notes on the end of her two lines, the "no" and the "ni." I love her voice! Beautiful. Yu2 at 0:52. This is one of the solos in the dub that I think sounds so spot on! Not in that she sounds like Takamina, but that she sings it just the way it's supposed to be sung, and she sounds great! Especially her "ga" and "PAIN."

The chorus is kick-butt, but I really love every second of this dub. Sometimes when they're singing together, I hear one girl more than the other. I don't know if it's volumes levels, or if it's just the one singing louder than the other. It's not bad, just something I noticed.

I love 1:14! I've always liked this solo and Yu1 does an amazing job on it!! I adore the melody here, and Yu1 keeps time on it well. The whole song, the singing is awesomely on beat. I really like the "nanimo kamo sutete" part of Yu1's solo. And at 1:27 is Yu2 again. She actually reminds me a little of Haruna here, especially on her ending "shite mo."

Not that I like to compare the actual singers to the dubbers, but I've been pausing and playing; listening to the AKB's version and then this dub so I can see how spot on they are getting the solos. (Amazing!) And also a little bit to see how much they sound like the girls. Not vocal clones, but just in that they sing so well! This could be two AKB girl dueting; it's that good. Maybe they could use a tiny bit more energy, overall, but I still think this is super.

The following verses and solos are wonderful!! As lovely as the rest of the dub is. I really liked Yu1 at 2:21. Again, that's a melody I really like, and she just sounds great on it. Pretty voice. 2:33 was Yu2; at the beginning of her solo she was overpowered by the music, so it was hard to hear her, but I liked her ending "nakya."

From 2:41 to 3:05 was good for both of them, it was a nice change of melody and the girls sounded fabulous. The last solo was at 3:26, and it was Yu1. She sounded kind of like the actual girl, cute, and I adored her "shite mo." So basically, I loved this! Five stars all the way!

Heh, I stopped halfway through to watch Sherlock Holmes, cause my sister rented it. I was going to pass, but I know I would have been semi-distracted the whole time I was blogging. So I watched it and then came back to finish this!

No comments:

Post a Comment