Monday, March 29, 2010

MICHI! She was a dear and mentioned me in her little info bar, and since she sounds so awesome I decided to give her an actual entry, since before I only mentioned her. Michi began fandubbing in April of 2009. She has since been in 200+ dubs!! That's pretty impressive.



[ Dear You ~ Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni ] I know I mentioned this in a recent entry; I tend to listen to dubs a ton of times anyways when covering them, but often times I'll load the video, then get sidetracked by doing something else (in this case, it was the labeling). And so to avoid complete boring silence or to block out the noise of the TV/my family, I end up hitting the play button again and again, lol. So I'm already on at least my 5-6th time of listening to this~

I love how Michi sounds with herself! Both ways that she sings- higher/pretty and mature/lovely -are really good. Most of the time it sounds like her mature voice is the main, while the higher voice is more backing vocals (not harmonies though, just a second voice). In some parts of the song you hear her higher singing more, and at those times the blending between the two is lovely.

0:12-0:55 is all the same melody and one that Michi sings very well. I like the key it's in, a nice middle/lower key that she sounds good on. It is a simple tune, but she's also good at staying on beat. I tried finding the lyrics for this song and had no luck. Cause someone commented that Michi made a few pronunciation mistakes, but I can't really say. This is my first time hearing this song.

At 0:56 the tune changes to something a tiny bit slower in tempo, and I really liked Michi's first couple of notes. They were smooth and low and just came out good. It's like 0:57 and 1:02, when she gets real low. It's lovely. And on the other hand, the semi-higher notes she does have in this song sound awesome as well!

What I'd like to think is the chorus, starts back up about 1:30 (if I'm wrong as to which is which, you can always think of them as Part 1 and Part 2 of the song). And it sounds just as good as in the beginning! Michi did such a good job on the two parts. I think it makes the song more interesting to listen to, it just adds more to it! Starting around 1:52 we get a little instrumental break, before Michi returns with some more of the wonderful verses.

There isn't much to this song really. It just goes back and forth between the same melodies. That doesn't by any means make this a boring dub. No no no. It just means that there is less to comment on, lol. Michi sounds fantastic on both the verses and the chorus. There was once or twice when one of her real low notes would sound the tinnest bit off, but it was barely noticable. For almost all of the song she was in tune and spot on!

No comments:

Post a Comment