Monday, March 29, 2010

ILU Sayuri~ Giving me such wonderful things to blog about. There's nothing wrong with having spent three hours on this. Just look how much time I spend on this blog, lol.



This is Sayrui (Lilacsilk28)'s latest solo dub, and it is fantastic!! She seriously sounds like a live Airi. And while it's just a coincidence that she sounds like Airi, this could be the solo of an H!P girl. They all have a couple of off moments (some of them more or less than others) cause they're singing live. Sayuri has that imperfect beauty in this dub.

I don't think I've ever heard this song by Buono, so she's also introduced me to it. It's a very lovely melody that Sayuri sings very well; it's a great song choice for her. All of the notes are in her range, and the tempo really lets her voice shine. There is a teeny tiny hint of strain on some of the highest notes, but she doesn't crack on them, she gets a little quieter in volume, but it's harder to maintain that when you're really high or low. She still accomplished the notes and they came out sounding sweet.

I love how well she did the parts in the beginning. This is originally by Buono! They have three girls who can sing overlapping each other. So in order to get that effect, Sayuri probably had to do a lot of recording and mixing, so that her own voice slightly overlapped her own. It sounds awesome!! She actually does this throughout the song~

I think the "yume no sekai" parts are my favorite (0:06, 1:10, 3:23). I really like the melody there, and of course; the overlapping. The verses sound really good too (0:20, 1:23), especially the high notes. But Sayuri just sounds so good on those "yume" lines each time. The chorus (0:48, 1:52, 2:50) she did well on too, it's just my least favorite part of the song, nothing to do with her singing, lol.

Overall, this is a beautiful solo from Sayuri that I truly enjoyed listening to.

No comments:

Post a Comment