Wednesday, March 24, 2010

I am interrupting my watching of the awesome drama Coffee Prince to bring you this entry. So y'all better love me!! lol, j/k. I wasn't feeling very motivated yesterday, and today my sister got on before me, so I went back to bed. And then I got distracted by kdrama. I love it. (I would end up blogging at 2:40am. LOL)

But anyways!! I was actually doing some slash reading as well, inbetween waiting for episodes to load. And like, a minute ago I hopped onto YT to see if there was anything new, and Miss MiraiLai had dropped me a short but lovely comment that boosted me up and totally made me wanna blog. I'm so lame. I was like, mega giddy for a couple of minutes afterwards. I don't need feedback, but it makes me ridiculously happy.



I actually found this video when I peeked at Lai's recent activity. I saw Aoi mentioned in her comment, and wondered if it was the Aoi I knew. And so of course I had to check it out. And I was so interested in the dub that I just had to do some share time!

Momoko // princesskimagure
Miyabi // Suiren (nephiminechan)
Suzuki // Aoi (chocolateblakberri)

I do agree with Lai; Aoi suits Momoko more. And I am used to her having that part. But! She did an awesome job as Airi. I don't think I've ever heard Suiren or. . .Kohaku before (that's what her profile says and it's easier than typing her username every time). And from what I've heard just with two runs through is fabulous!

[*] The first set of solos, starting at 0:21, are wonderful! Pfft, all the solos/lines are awesome in this. All three girls sing very clearly and at a great volume; which is always a plus. The energy level is pretty good on the verses, but I really like the chorus.

0:40; you've gotta love Aoi's "Ride On." And 0:52, Kohaku sounds good on her "shitteru". OH, I love Suiren's voice! Like at 1:08. She sounds so lovely. Aoi is completely awesome on her solo line at 1:22 as well. I love the chorus to pieces. It's so EPIC. I love how she sings with such character andand. . . .pep? Vibrato = homg.

[*] One of the things I've always liked in this song, are the "It's so nice!" and "MY BOY" parts. And so I must say I adored Suiren's MY BOY at 1:33. She was so spot on!! And the echo effect sounded great! I like the solidness and maturity of Kohaku's voice. She doesn't exactly pull off cute very well, but she has a nice voice and sings well.

[*] Once again, all of the solos are just so good. I can't find anything off to mention in the slightest. Everyone delivered their lines so well! All of the gals sing on beat very well, something that isn't as easy as it sounds. Like, you can sing without the music and be all; YAY!

And then you sing with the music, and it's not always easy to sing in the right spots without goofing up the rhythm of your lines. (I know this, because I have tried before with Nanchuu Koi wo Yatteruu YOU KNOW?'s instrumental in my free time. LOL. I love that song)

[*] More love for Aoi for her little awesome-sounding "Come on!" at 2:01. And 2:30 was a really good line for Kohaku! Loved it. She has good energy. Homg, 2:44?! I freaking loved Suiren there. Geesh. I totally heart her vocals.

Bah! How have I not talked about their epic blending yet?! This trio sounds really super good together. One reason I love the chorus parts so much; their blending, and I like the melody of the solo lines more.

! ! About 3:42, Suiren's "It's so nice" was fantastic! And 3:43 to around 3:48 was awesome for Kohaku. Better than the last solo I mentioned liking. She rocked her line there. And the dub is finished off with a super MY BOY from Aoi. Gosh, I love it.

[*] When I first heard this song by Buono, I didn't like the speed of the verse parts, but as a whole this song has grown on me a ton. And I just know that it must have taken work to sing those verses so amazingly. Props to the girls.

OH! And I think Kohaku did a fabulous job of putting everything together! I'm sure there are tiny little things that can be picked out. But I'm lame, so I don't know what to listen for. Cause who is mixing stupid? *flails arms about in the air* Me! lol, so for what it's worth, I think the mixing is great. I totally gave these girls 5 stars.

~ Bah, now I have like, two more blog ideas in my head that want to be written. I think I'll start them tonight and maybe finish them tomorrow. Cause it's already super late. And part 3 of episode 5 of Coffee Prince is calling to me.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad i made you want to blog. XD
    Yeah, Aoi is amazing as Momo, but she did great as Airi too :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't see this until I saw the other one. XD /fails But thanks for the review! It's very much appreciated <3

    ReplyDelete