Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Niji Kirei

The lovely Miss Hannah contacted me early this month and asked me to check out the duo group she's in with her sister, Zarah. I actually didn't see the message until like, five or something days after she sent it to me. I've downloaded a handful of the tracks by Niji Kirei of KyokuProject and now I'm going to share them with y'all!

I've been fangirling madly over Zarah since the moment I first heard her. I wasn't blogging then so it was mostly silent fangirling, lol. I know she's been in some of the group dubs I've covered since I started Blabodu, but to hear her in a small group means I really get to hear her!! And on top of that I get to hear Hannah AND Hannah & Zaachan together!

I've heard their duets on Zarah's channel before, but I can never hear too much of these lovely ladies. As far as I know, Hannah doesn't take part in as many other groups as Zarah does, so my chances to hear her are less. Discovering this subunit makes me extremely happy, and I hope to hear more more more from them!



Takahashi Ai: Zarah (ChunkyyBanana)
Tanaka Reina: Hannah (HannahChan97)

Everyday Everywhere / This is the dub that was sent to me, so I shall start with it first! kgfnekwjgn kjfnewkjf. The song isn't an instant favorite, but these two sound AMAZING!! Zarah's opening solo is sensational!! Her voice is gorgeous and she's a strong singer. Hannah comes in at 0:40, she suits Reina so well, except she's way cuter!! Zaachan's "love" at 1:17 is beautiful and brilliant! I also like Hannah's "love" (1:04) but her vocalizing at 1:26 (following her "da wa") is short but so lovely!

The girls' duet line at 1:30 is fantastic ("samishii yoru mo aru yo ne")! They blend so so so SO well with each other! That also applies to their "Every/Some day Every/Some where"s throughout the dub, like in the first chorus at 1:42. These two are naturals. They sing out passionately with lots of personality and captivate those who are listening. Zarah's "watashi no seishun" at 1:49 is dazzling, very smooth and divine. And I really like Hannah's "anata to nara" solo at 1:58.

Zarah's following vocalizing bit really shows off how well she can sing, I also like her "everyday everywhere" at 2:29. Some of of the higher vocal parts in this are a little much for me, but the girls still pulled them off well. 2:58 is another wonderful sounding duet line, and then the rest is all chorus. I love Hannah's sweet+superb "watashi no seishun" at 3:47. And Zaachan's very last note in the dub (4:16ish) is beautiful.



Fujimoto Miki: Zarah
Matsuura Aya: Hannah

Aijou Oasis / THIS ROCKS!! Of the dubs I've listened to from this group, this is definitely my favorite! I love it's upbeat cool+smexy vibes. Jumping right into things, I love Zarah's "Chanto Kocchi mite yo" ~ The duet line at 0:45 is spectacular! The girls are great at singing harmony and melody parts, which shows they are flexible and skilled- they're a double package feature with the promise of blowing your mind.

Hannah has the first solo of the chorus (0:54) and it's smashing ("MAJI ni wa honki de...")!! Zaachan's following solo is also mega kickbutt! I really really love this duo on the chorus melody; it's addicting to listen to. I wish the verses weren't the same exact line division- I'd like to hear the girls switch parts in the second verse, but alas; it's how H!P divvied'em up. I'm glad that you get to hear both girls sing both parts in the chorus though!!

1:46 is another magnificent duet, and then the remainder of the dub is all chorus. At 1:55 Hannah has the lead of the melody, and on the last two rounds Zarah does. I utterly adore all of Hannah's solos, she delivers epically! Zarah rocks her last four lines, singing with oodles energy and sounding tremendous! I love that their solos overlap at 2:43, Hannah's low "OASHISU" is so lovely. Overall, this is outstanding!



Takahashi Ai: Zarah
Tanaka Reina: Hannah

Shining Itoshiki Anata / So pretty!! This song has grown on me lately, mainly because of this dub. I had it stuck in my head for a while after I heard it the first time. It's a very good song choice for both girls (I'm starting to think they can sing just about anything and totally pwn) and they sing it so well! A simple song, but one with lovely melodies that Hannah and Zarah sound charming, splendid, and allout delightful on!! So worth a listen!

--I'm not going to ramble on anymore, since I could never type out enough adjectives to fully define how extraordinary both of these gifted gals are. I searched for more by their group and found three more of dubs!! Melodies, Iroppoi Jirettai, and Jounetsu no Kiss wo Hitotsu. I've downloaded them within the last hour, but haven't really gotten the chance to listen to them. Still, I strongly suggest y'all give them a listen!! And as for KyokuProject, I shall get around to listening to stuff by their other groups when I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment