Saturday, July 17, 2010

MI [Shoutbox request]

I know nada about this group. Malice asked me to look at it, so I am. And there isn't much info to be found about MI either. There forum has no 'About' thread, and all their channel tells us is, "How it works : Girls nominate songs, pick songs, then volunteer for chosen songs. EVERYONE GETS A SAY!"

MI's been around since about mid-February of this year (first release 02/26), and since then have released a total of 20 dubs. Their groups are; Synth★Shimai (Vocaloid), I★DOLL (Jpop), Chiisai★Otaku (Anime), D:aisuki (Games), Saisei★Jikan (Children's Music), and ★AkibaChan★ (Youtube"/"NiconicoDouga hits). Their latest release;



CAST in order of solos:
Me-chan (3rd Gen)
Nozo (2nd Gen)
Boss (1stGen)
Kiro (1stGen)

IKUZE!! Kaitou shoujo! by AKIBAChan / I am forever ruined (in a good way) when it comes to this song, for IKP's version will always come to mind when I think of it or Momoiro. So I'm not going to write about this in detail because my opinion is probably kind of skewed and I'll be trying not to compare. Overall, some minor things could be better, but this is nice.

~Glancing back through MI's dubs I found this;



Asu-nyan
Boss-Chama
Hikari

Over The Future by ChiisaiOtaku / CClyrics / Frick do I love this song!! I have a weakness for Karen Girl's...I've searched down like, every song they've ever sung, digging for MP3s. My favorites from them are this song, My Wings and, er...another song I can't remember the name of, lol. But sadly, they've only ever had two PVs and then were no more ;w; SO YEAH I don't think I've ever heard a fandub of their stuff and I was instantly excited to see that MI had done this!

Ohgee, you know how as you listen to something, you often start to like it more? I've listened to this several times now, and have also done some jumping around and I like it more now than when I first heard it. The energy level is actually pretty good. At first I was thinking; MOA. But it's at a nice level, though somewhat subtle at times. A little bit more umph! would be cool overall.

These three hit some very nice notes togethers! Like at 0:09 in the very beginning line, the "KANJI" by Bo/Hi is wonderful and has nice blending. & though they're kind of quiet singers (more so Hikari and Asu than Boss), the girls are very sweet+cute sounding. With the way this is scripted (refer to lyrics), it's mainly all duets with a handful of solos and the chorus sung by all. It's setup so each girl has three solos; yay for fairness!

Boss is the strongest singer of the group. She has a lovely voice and her solos are marvelous. I adore her at 0:35 and 2:04, and I really like her "Yes Change the World" solo at 0:54. Asu hits her lower notes (0:41 and 1:58 solos) quite well. It seems like you don't hear her a lot, but it's probably cause two of her solos are kind of short. She has a more mature voice better suited to middle/low notes, as you can hear some slight strain on her 3:38 solo, she's also pitchy too. But! Her ending "you" turned out splendidly.

I don't know how to describe Hikari's singing, but she sounds nice, like on her 0:48 solo. She's got a cute voice with this underlying matureness? At 2:11, her "don't" is a little off, but her "way" turned out swell. I think my fave from her is 1:51 though, she sounds real good. The verses are cool and all, but I like the pre-chorus and chorus the most. The groups parts are wonderful, and I'm mainly happy that this was dubbed at all!!



MiniMoni Hinamatsuri
Superkagome, Ayumi--x, Asuka & Boss

Seishun Love Lunch!
Nozo Ai, Hikari, Asuka & Boss

Mr Moonlight
Stella, Kiro & Boss

Spring Shuffle 2010 / I really enjoyed this, but it would probably take me forever to write about this, cause it's almost 11 minutes long. It's the full versions of all three songs, so the length makes sense, but I spent a while on Over the Future (lol) and I need to be moving on. But I definitely recommend y'all give this a listen! I think the MiniMoni dub/cast is my favorite; I think it turned out the best. But Seishun and Mister are good too!

No comments:

Post a Comment