Friday, April 23, 2010

Weekend; heck yes!

Ohemgee. All morning I couldn't get the Dolce Melodia dub out of my head, lol. And for the second half, randomly enough, I couldn't stop singing the first part of Shuo Ai Ni by Jolin Tsai - "wo de shi jie bian de qi miao geng nan yi yan yu, hai yi wei shi cong tian er jiang de meng jing, zhi dao que ting shou de wen du lai zhi ni xin li, zhe yi ke wo chong yu yong gan shuo ai ni"

So yeah, to address the drama-thing going on in the shoutbox; I am still going to at least look at Breaking Records. I already said that I would and it's not like it'll kill me to take ten minutes to have a look around. Drama is lame so let's try to keep it off Blabodu. Feel free to email me if you want; miriuoniaya@hotmail.com, or if you have a YT you can message me on there; MiriuOniaya~


Another one of those - how have I not talked about this project yet?! - projects. I really should plan ahead by asking questions prior to covering here, lameness on my part. I can't say I know very much about SP, and though I checked out their forum I didn't gain any info. I'll have to chat'em up at some point in the near future.

I do know that the project's main account was unfortunately hacked some odd months ago. The back up, StrawberryzProjectMC, is now the main channel. However, there are nine releases uploaded to the previous account and not all have been re-uploaded, probably due data loss. So check out their older and current channels!!

SP's original join date was July 24th of 2009, and though I don't know if that's completely accurate, I believe things got going sometime around then. They have a total of nineteen dubs currently up (including both channels) released from among their nine groups.

The way they do their groups/generations is different and was a little confusing at first, but it's kind of cool. They don't do new generations of the project, but new generations of the groups. Generation 1 had four groups; Strawberryz Musume, B-erryz, Blueberryz Koubou, & Fruits!

And the 2nd Generation covers the same H!P groups (Momusu, C-ute, Berryz, etc) but with new names and a different line-up/cast. The five groups are; Berryz Musume, C-herryz, Kiwi Koubou, Banana, & Scrambled Eggs! SP has 30+ members that participate within all the different groups.

I'll get back to y'all with whatever else I manage to find out. But for now, it's share time!! The latest from Strawberryz Project, released 04.21.2010. The second single from their 2nd Gen Berryz Koubou group~



Saki Shimizu: Sera-chan (Mystery0taku)
Tsugunaga Momoko: Sakura (InColourXx)
Tokunaga Chinami: Fae (nytefaerie)
Sudou Maasa: Mystery (xLittleMystery)
Natsuyaki Miyabi: Moka-chan (animeobsessed40)
Kumai Yurina: Bananacho (Amandaphobia08)
Sugaya Risako: Karen (Chiiayu)

Dakishimete Dakishimete by Kiwi Koubou / The energy level was just okay for me, most girls had it, but I still would have liked that extra little bit. I liked the verses and enjoyed hearing all the girls on their solos, but the chorus was lacking for me. Even though I'm starting this off with pointing out what I didn't care for; this is a swell dub. The blending is lovely, everyone sang on beat and I heard almost zero wrong notes.

This isn't really a sexy-vibe song, more of a we're-cool-vibe, and this group did a pretty good job on bringing that to their lines. I guess that can account for some of the energy-ness, cause it's not always easy to sing lowish & put on cool-vibes and have perfect energy, without possibly slipping into loud/bubbly. If that makes any sense, lol.

I was a little disappointed to not hear the echoes on the "hoshikatta" and "aishiteru to itte" but they weren't a make-or-break part. And I bet they can't be super easy to mix, so it's understandable. Btw, props to Sera for mixing! After 13 or so listens, there isn't anything that bad jumps out at me. These gals sound marvelous. Totally worth a listen. *clicks teh yella button*

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you enjoyed are dub! Sorry about the lacking energy.. It's a very hard song to sing with a lot of energy (for me .. XD) We will be having new releases fairly soon~ But I have to get Sera to mix, because my mixing is soooo ridiculously horrible~

    ReplyDelete