Friday, April 23, 2010

Uwah & Oops

Again; ILU KAPPA. She keeps me up-to-date on HanaPro going-ons, which is really cool cause otherwise I wouldn't know about this until way later probably (well, not true. I'd probably hear about it from Rae, cause she's awesome too). Anyways! A friendly competition is to be held at HP *drum roll starts and crescendos as catchy fighting style music comes in*

"We have five generations of members, all with different arrays of strengths and weaknesses, and we thought it would be interesting to see how those different people can come together as teams. So each generation has broken up into groups with the rest of their generation-mates and each one has been tasked with producing a dub for their generation.

"Each gen picks their song, a name for their generation, and sings and mixes the dub, so it's completely a representation of that generation. The only constraints are that it needs to be a Japanese song, as that's what HP releases regularly, and that each member has to have at least one solo, so that every member is represented

"On May 28th all five dubs will go up on the Hana Project channel. After that, we'll put up a poll on our forums, open not only to our members but to our lurkers and watchers as well, and everyone will vote on which dub came together best. The winning generation will have their personal YT accounts featured on Hana Project's main channel page for a month."


! ! ! This is such a fun idea! Nothing wrong with a little challenge. And I think I (and probably other fans too) are simply excited at the idea of five dubs being released on the same day. Oodles of Hana-goodness all at once! Plus I'm super curious as to what all the gens will do. I'm not rooting for any certain group of gals right now, just waving my pom-poms for the whole project.



"oops! Well don't I feel sheepish! I finally saw the actual CNN clip today and they DID give us full credit! I wonder why the transcript was wrong??" LOL I feel as sheepish as Kate (katethegreat19). Cause I mini-rambled about it. But it's all good now. It does seem funky that the transcript was wrong, it only showed the first two shorts sentences of what the news-people said and nothing else.

I wrote at the end of last week about how Stella Voci was featured on CNN, but we all thought that credit had not been given. I just checked Kate's channel for an update and when I saw her latest bulletin I searched and searched for the video clip. & I finally found it!!

It's a little lame cause you have to wait 'til like 3:44 out of a total five minutes before SV is mentioned (it loaded slowly for me, and I was feeling impatient, lol). Josh Levs said, "This one is a fourteen person choir named Stella Voci. They do a capella songs and this one. . . well uh, they have a little bit of percussion going. This is Pachelbel's Canon."

I am really happy that SV recieved credit, even if their moment of recognition was short. They are a wonderful choir and an amazing group of girls. Here is the link to the video clip & here is a link to the choir's YT channel.

No comments:

Post a Comment