Friday, October 1, 2010

SPP

"Did you guys know? Actually Summer Pearl's original name is called Sky Pearl. Sky Pearl was formed at 19 May 2009 and released 13 song including solo. But after thinking twice, I decide to change Sky Pearl's name to Summer Pearl. Summer Pearl is also known as Natsu no Shinju in Romaji & 夏の真珠 in Kanji.

After the name got changed to Summer Pearl, only 6 of Sky Pearl got remained, that is, Aiko, Daniel, Valen, Yuki, Michiyo & Aya. Summer Pearl is then continued with 6 of them & new recruited members. 6 of them can be said as the seniors in Summer Pearl & they have the most experience on how Summer Pearl is worked.

Summer Pearl was formed on 26 August 2009. This is a project which dub J-Pop songs, mainly Hello! Project songs, but also non J-Pop songs like Chinese songs, and we are planning on dubbing Korean songs now! ^-^ It's quite same as the past project (Sky Pearl). Before in Sky Pearl, the major dubbing are Japanese, Chinese & Korean, but now we mainly focus on Japanese songs."


The above was pulled from Summer Pearl Project's YT channel, where leader StarMichiyo has a 'History of Summer Pearl' filling up the About Me section.I have only put up a portion of it, so if you're interested in reading further, simply check out the project's profile! I have been meaning to write something about Summer Pearl for forever now, and she's agreed to be interviewed! But all in good time, my dears.

SPP currently has six active groups + soloist; Morning Heart, Bubble Girlz, ºC-utie, S/Strawberry, Piika, Natsu Clover. The project has over 30 members, and has released around 100 dubs! And from the looks of things, Summer Pearl sticks to singing songs by the various groups of Hello! Project. If y'all are interested in exploring, they have a forum- it's setup is different than I've ever seen. I'm not used aimoo I suppose, lol.



Michiyo, Yuki, Nina,
Valen, Moni, Fuyu

Go Girl ~Love's Victory~ (Chinese Version) by Ice Cream MM / CClyrics / A lot of time when project's choose to sing mainly H!P, they sometimes end up sticking to the more popular or most recent songs & groups. It always makes me happy when I see that someone has dubbed ICM, because they sing in Mandarin, so it's H!P but still little different. And they are an awesome group!!

So when I chitchatted a bit with Michiyo of SPP and she shared a few dubs with me, the moment I saw this one I squealed happily and knew I was going to write about it. I love ICM dearly and have their album. I've learned the girls by name and I must say that ShenShen is my favorite. But getting back to the dub (lol), it's fantastic!!

I like how it was scripted; it's all duets, with the exception of a few trios throughout, and the solos near the end. Plus Valen does the "I'm in love you go boy" lines. I had a really fun time listening to this, the girls sound wonderful together and did a really good job overall. I'd love to hear more ICM songs by this Summer Pearl unit.

No comments:

Post a Comment